In accordance with the Spanish Organic Law 3/2018 on Data Protection and Law, you are hereby informed that Todo En One General Services S.L., (hereinafter, “we”, “us”, “our”), established in Spain, Paseo Cerrado De Calderon 13, Local 38, 29018 Malaga, with CIF: B93540904 and registered in the Company Registry of Malaga, at volume 5608, page 89, sheet MA-139046, 1st inscription, receives and processes personal information received from you through our Website, www.todoenone.com, mobile application and through other means such as emails, phone calls or social media.
You acknowledge that you are under no obligation to provide any personal information, however, we will only be able to provide limited services to you.
1. When accessing our website or application, we and our partners collect and store cookies and similar technologies in order to identify your browser type, geographical location, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and device.
2. When contacting us via phone, email, chat, social media, through our website/application and/or in person, we collect personal information about yourself and third parties on whose behalf you wish or intend to make the relevant inquiries or bookings or whom you wish to refer. This information consists of title, full name, gender, date of birth, phone number and email address. You must obtain the consent of the people on whose behalf you send inquiries, make booking arrangements or send as referral before giving us their personal information.
3. Additionally when making a booking, we will collect the details of the travel documents, as well as preferences.
4. Information regarding health condition will only be collected on specific circumstances and only to determine fitness for some activities/services to be provided or arrange assistance services where requested.
5. Upon payment, we may collect credit card details such as holder’s name, card number, address and expiry date and the CVC. The CVC will not be stored.
6. We and our third party collaborators also collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, such as when you visit our website and social media, how you interact with our ads and content.
1. To deliver, manage, personalize and improve our services and provide you with more relevant content regarding our services by acknowledging your previous travel experiences and preferences and tailoring the services we provide based on your profile.
2. To manage your request, inquiry, booking and/or invoices. For this purpose we may share your data with third party service providers so that they can facilitate your service arrangements.
3. To help you with the booking process where you provide us your email address but are unable to finish the online booking request. We use the email address to contact you in a personalized manner and assist you in finalizing the booking. We will also keep the email address in order to recognize you when you visit our website again and this is in order to improve your experience.
4. To track your use of the booking process and contact you regarding your experience.
5. To contact you during and after the planned service to follow up and obtain feedback.
7. To send you general commercial communications, keeping you informed of activities related to our company and sending you information regarding any offers, present or future, advertised on www.todoenone.com or through any of our social media channels, that we feel may be of interest to you. We may do this by contacting you by phone, email, mobile device messages, push notifications or social media.
8. To comply with any legal obligations or requirements.
We may share your information with:
1.Service Providers: so that they can answer the inquiries and perform the requested service. On occasion, these providers may contact you directly when needing additional information from you. They may collect and access the information on our behalf without being authorized to share it or use it for any other purpose.
2. Government, border control agencies and regulators: where required to do so.
3. Third party providers: these perform certain tasks on our behalf, such as marketing, payment processing, IT service providers, and analytics.
We may also use a limited number of third party service providers to assist us in providing our services. These third parties will access information only to perform tasks on our behalf. This may involve the transfer of personal information to countries or regions without data protection rules similar to those in effect in your area of residence.
We keep records for as long as necessary for legal purposes and for as long as needed in order to provide you with the requested services. Additionally, we retain your information for future contact and to personalize the services and communications with you.
At any time you may request that we discontinue sending you marketing communications either by selecting the unsubscribe option or by sending an email with your full name and email address to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from receiving notifications you may do so by disabling them from your browser settings.
You may also block cookies by changing this from your browser.
You may still receive messages regarding your booking arrangements and inquiries made to us. Furthermore, you may exercise your rights to access, correct, delete or oppose data, at any time, by sending a request by email to [email protected] with your full name and email address and the right that you are exercising.
The exercise of these rights is free of charge, unless you make unjustified or excessive requests. In this case, we would have the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs.
The servers of our online services are located in the U.S. and the external service providers with whom we work operate from all corners of the world. This means that your data may be transferred and processed in any of these countries. These countries may have different data protection laws from those of your country and in some cases, it is possible that such legislation does not establish the same levels of protection.
We have adopted appropriate security measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected when transferred outside the EU, making sure that all such service providers have implemented appropriate security measures to protect the data you provide to us through standard contractual clauses or ensuring that there is a Privacy Shield between the European Union and the U.S.
Although we cannot guarantee the secure online transfer of information, once we receive it, we take appropriate steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, modifications or disclosure. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unintended access that is beyond our control.